Integration to MailChimp
We are happy to announce our new integration to MailChimp. Mailchimp is a popular email marketing service that is very similar to ConstantContact. With the Mailchimp integration your Tripleseat Contacts will automatically be synced to MailChimp. The sync between Tripleseat and Mailchimp happens once a day and is one direction, sending MailChimp your Tripleseat Contact First Name, Last Name and email address into a list called Tripleseat Contacts. Once in MailChimp, you can segment the list as you see fit and send marketing emails to your Contacts.
You do not have to be tech savvy to get the sync set up. Just follow these steps and you will be good to go. (If you get stuck we can help you)
- Need a MailChimp account. They have a bunch of packages you can choose from http://mailchimp.com/pricing/
- Go to your Mailchimp account and create a “List”
- On the left hand side of the page, select “List”—>
- On the top right hand of the page, click on “Create List”–>
- Under the “List Name” it MUST be Tripleseat Contacts. This is super important. Any deviation in the List Name and the synch will not work
- Fill out the remainder of the fields.
- Now we need the API key. Click on your name (or the name you set it up under) on the left hand side of the page
- Click on “Account Settings”—>
- Then “Extras”—>then “API Keys”—>
- Now click on the gray button called “create a key”
- Mailchimp will provide a “key” that you will need for Tripleseat. Cut and paste this key or write it down. You will need it for the next steps
- Deep Breath. Almost there
- Now go to your Tripleseat Account
- Go to Settings (remember you have to be an Admin)
- Then “Preferences”
- Click on “MailChiimp” (half way down the page) and enter your API key from the steps above
- Hit “Save” on the bottom of the page
Once everything is hooked up your Contacts will sync with MailChimp automatically. Be patient as we sync once a day so you will not see the names go over to MailChimp probably until the next day. If you have any question, feel free to contact support and we will be happy to try to help.