Celebrate Summer at These 10 Chic Rooftops Across New York City
Tripleseat, the leading web-based sales and event management platform, released today a list of 10 rooftops from Midtown to Brooklyn to enjoy creative cocktails while admiring the view of New York City’s skyline.
Many companies in the Greater New York City area offer Summer Fridays, allowing employees to leave the office in the early afternoon. Since it is 5 o’clock somewhere, why not search for locations to quench your thirst? The rooftop venues, listed below, provide patrons with refreshing beverages and incredible views, as well as small bites and eccentric decor.
- 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar: Offering some of the best views of the city skyline, 230 Fifth is among Manhattan’s largest indoor and outdoor rooftop-bar and event spaces. Though primarily a lounge and event space, the venue offers a variety of small and large dishes, along with a popular all-you-can-eat brunch buffet and a wide range of specialty cocktails. The penthouse and rooftop are heated in cold weather and stay open to the public all year long.
- Broken Shaker: An oasis in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, Broken Shaker, located on the 18th-floor rooftop of the Freehand Hotel, offers an eclectic menu of the handcrafted cocktails and small bites. A James Beard Award finalist and winner of the Tales of the Cocktail’s Best American Hotel Bar award, Broken Shaker serves up delicious cocktails, infused with homemade elixirs and exotic ingredients.
- Castell at Boqueria: Nestled atop AC Hotel New York Times Square, this cozy rooftop bar recaptures the spirit of the classic cocktail lounge, with extra emphasis on martinis. Iconic views enhance the venue’s contemporary décor in a sophisticated but comfortable (read: not stuffy) atmosphere. Enjoy the intimacy of a fireplace lounge showcasing abstract art. Gather ‘round the luxe granite bar.
- Dear Irving on Hudson: Dear Irving on Hudson is the highest two-story penthouse lounge in NYC offering spectacular views! Located on the 40th & 41st floor at the Aliz Hotel. Available for corporate and social events.
- Gallow Green at The McKittrick Hotel: Enjoy a lush, plant-filled hideaway with a gorgeous city view at Gallow Green, located at the top of The McKittrick hotel. The space frequently hosts live music and has a popular Sunday brunch buffet featuring craft cocktails.
- Harriet’s Rooftop & Lounge: Curl up by the fire pits with a cocktail and enjoy the best view in the house. With relaxed seating and incredible views of the Manhattan skyline, it’s an unforgettable setting on the waterfront for your special event.
- Monarch: Boasting an impressively expansive interior and exterior, seamlessly connecting the Indoor and Outdoor Lounges with floor to ceiling, sliding glass doors, Monarch can comfortably accommodate more than 300 guests. Monarch’s the perfect venue for you to host unforgettable special events such as weddings, corporate meetings, birthdays, anniversaries, and more!
- The Polynesian: The Polynesian is unprecedented in ambition and scope, honoring Tiki’s past and reinvigorating it for generations to come. Located in Midtown West’s new Pod Times Square Hotel (400 West 42nd St.), the bar accommodates 200 guests and includes an outdoor terrace with a spectacular panoramic view of the city that can hold another 200.
- Refinery Rooftop: The Refinery Rooftop is the crowning jewel of the Refinery Hotel, featuring an eclectic cocktail list and cinematic NYC and Empire State Building Views
- The Roof at the Park South Hotel: The Roof at Park South provides a unique rooftop experience. Their cocktails and menu are the perfect compliment to an unobstructed view of the New York City skyline.
“Whether you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city streets or taking a friend from out of town to a trendy spot, we’ve provided a few of our favorite rooftops to enjoy the views spanning from the southern tip of Manhattan to Central Park and across the East River,” said Jonathan Morse, CEO of Tripleseat. “Not only are these venues Instagram-worthy, but will keep you cool and comfortable amid the summer heat.”
If interested in exploring additional venues with a rooftop bar, please visit https://venues.tripleseat.com/venues.