Beyond Basics: Converting Leads
It’s a new year and time to think about growing your business for 2018. In the last few weeks we’ve hosted webinars on marketing your event space on social media to get more leads, and now that you have your name out there, what can you do with these incoming leads?
You can watch our recent webinar, Beyond Basics: Converting Leads below.
In case you missed the live webinar, this is what we covered:
Who/What is a lead?
- A lead is an inquiry to book an event at your venue.
- Anyone can inquire about an event at any time – it will not become an event until you have reviewed and converted it.
Where do leads come from?
- Your website: With the Tripleseat lead form that you can embed on your own site (get the codes by going to Settings> Lead Forms> Set Up Codes, and send to your website developer).
- Facebook: Add a lead form to your Facebook page (go to Settings> Integrations> Facebook and follow the on-screen guide).
- Other marketing tools and social media profiles: Grab the URL to your lead form and put that link anywhere, like a Twitter post or an email blast.
- Enter them manually (great for walk-in inquiries or phone calls) by clicking New Lead from your dashboard.
What do I do with leads?
- Open up the lead and see at a glance if you have space for the event (right side of the screen will show you other events at that time so you can see which rooms are open). You can also look at your calendar.
- Respond to the inquiry: Go to Actions> Comment to send an email to the guest and get the conversation started. Use an email template for fastest response time.
- Use your leads tab to manage your leads and conversations with leads.
- Convert: If you can accommodate the event, convert it to a prospect event, and input an F&B minimum or a projected sales amount (great for reporting). You can continue the conversation here, send out a proposal, and confirm the event.
Why do all this?
- There is valuable data in your leads that can help you with sales projections, marketing efforts, and identifying opportunities to improve your process.
- Use the Lead Details Report to see where your leads are coming from so you can focus your resources there.
- Use the Event Details Report (where all those converted prospect events live!) to forecast revenue that you can expect to come in the near future.
- Use the Lead Conversion Report to see how successful you are at turning these leads into events and identify areas to improve your booking percentage.
Join us for more Beyond Basics webinars