|Job Category||Development/Engineering Team|
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer with an eye for design to join our distributed development team. Tripleseat is a web-based event management platform for restaurants, unique venues, and hotels. When joining the team you’ll be working with designers and developers to develop new features in our web-based application, refine and improve the design and functionality of existing features, and provide input for future development. Take a minute to read through this post to see if you meet our qualifications and are interested in working with us.
Official Job Requirements
- Really, really seriously like web development.
- Experience working with a visual designer to design and develop user interfaces.
- A demonstrated ability to start from design mockups and build usable and compelling user interfaces using scalable and maintainable coding practices.
- Familiarity with working in a full-stack development environment. Ability to interface your front-end creations with a back end.
- Proficient with Git/Github.
- Able to take ownership of a project and meet deadlines.
- Disciplined enough to work remotely (implied, of course, but quintessential).
- Excellent communication, especially via online chat (Slack).
- Comfortable coming into a large codebase and able to follow existing patterns, conventions, and figuring out how existing code fits and works together.
- Able to travel a few times per year for company get-togethers.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Working knowledge with Sketch and Invision.
- Experience building HTML emails and understanding of the limitations.
- Experience with WordPress.
What You Will Work On
You can expect to primarily work on new feature development as well as refining and adding additional functionality to existing user interfaces. There will also be some bug fixing and occasional support-related tasks. You’ll have a mix of solo and team-based projects.
You’ll Fit in Well If You…
- Like working on challenging projects that solve actual problems.
- Enjoy seeing the code you produce get used by thousands of users daily.
- Have strong opinions on how software should be produced, but are willing to make compromises when appropriate.
- Don’t want to be overly managed, but also aren’t afraid to ask for help when necessary.
- Find value in understanding other facets of the business: support, sales, customer installations, etc.
- Prefer working and communicating via online chat (Slack) over in-person or phone calls.
- Are looking for a company to work at for the long haul.
- Are proficient with Giphy memes and other internet hijinks.
You Will Receive the Following:
- Competitive pay.
- Unlimited vacation time.
- Health Insurance, Dental, Long Term Disability.
- Retirement account (401k) match by Tripleseat.
- Annual Company retreats to fun places.
- Access to some of the most prestigious restaurants in the world.
We’re a growing company — grow with us! You can be part of a proficient, tightly knit company. To boot, our company is seasoned, highly profitable, and venture-funded with a solid customer base and incredibly low churn. We want to find folks who fit into our company just as much as you’re looking to find a great place to work.