2018 Data and Trends You Should Know About Holiday Events in the Workplace
The corporate holiday party has gone through a lot of changes.
Before the financial crisis of 2007-2008, well-off companies held multiday extravaganzas for their employees, renting out elaborate venues or flying their staff to an exotic destination. Since then, workplace holiday celebrations have scaled back to much smaller, departmental affairs, or have dropped off the calendar altogether. They’ve been impacted by social factors — most recently the #MeToo movement — which has caused offices to skip or scale back on alcohol in favor of entertainment and employee experiences.
We thought it was a good time to check in with employees to find out what they’re experiencing right now so we conducted a survey of more than 1,100 people and asked them for their thoughts and observations on holiday events in the workplace. Check out the list of our top findings and our Events Industry 2018 Holiday Survey Infographic below:
- 9/10 of employees attend their company holiday party, if offered
- 30% are held at restaurants, with the office being a close second
- 36% of parties consist of snacks and beverages, while 3.5% of companies just drink
- Less than 10% of all holiday parties are hosted at a bar, while 13% are held at unique venues
- Nearly 30% of company parties do not occur in December
- Ugly Sweater is still a common theme among companies, nearly 20%
- 57% of employees have seen their colleagues intoxicated
Are you the one helping businesses plan their holiday gatherings at your restaurant, hotel, or unique venue? Tripleseat helps event planners make holiday event planning more streamlined and less stressful. In addition to our top-of-the-line event management features, our users have an opportunity to join 4,000 venues on our Venues by Tripleseat listing. The site allows Tripleseat customers to respond to prospects quickly and convert them into bookings. Users are able to check their account in seconds to access event space availability and a venue’s event calendar, allowing a response to leads with a single click.
Looking for more tips on holiday event planning?
Check out the latest on Tripleseat features, marketing, trends, and more to get you through the holiday season on our blog.